Gai Lan Stir Fry with Jackfruit (Vegan)
½ lb Jackfruit pods
2 cups of Gai Lan
¼ cup avocado oil
½ cup thinly slice sweet onion
1 garlic clove – minced
2 tsp fresh ginger – grated or minced
½ tsp fresh grated turmeric root
1 Red bell pepper – seeded, cut into thin strips
¼ cup matchstick carrots
¼ cup scallion – thinly sliced
1 Tbsp Maggi seasoning
- Place the Jackfruit on a large sheet of wax paper. Coat a large knife with non-stick spray. Cut the Jackfruit as you would a watermelon. Remove the hard white core & seeds and discard the white fibrous strands. You want all the bright yellow pods.
- Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Add Jackfruit pods & saute’, stirring occasionally until golden brown. Remove from skillet & set aside.
- In the same skillet (add more oil if necessary), saute’ the onions, garlic, ginger & turmeric root until fragrant (less than 1 min)
- Add in the red bell pepper, Gai Lan & carrots. Saute’ additional 5 mins. Stirring occasionally.
- Add the jackfruit pods, scallion & Maggi seasoning into the skillet. Mix thoroughly until heated through. (about 1-2 mins). Remove from heat.
- Can be served as is or over rice or quinoa.