Hot & Sticky Squoodle Bowls with Chili Chicken & Beans
1 lb Opo Squash – spiralized
1 lb Chines Long Beans – trimmed & cut into 3” pieces
1 lb boneless/skinless chicken breast slices thin on bias, lightly pepper
3 Tbsp avocado oil
4 garlic cloves – minced
2 Red Fresno chilis – seeded & minced
1 small sweet onion – halved & sliced thin
1” piece fresh grated ginger
½ cup chicken broth
¼ cup Hoisin sauce
3 Tbsp reduced soy sauce/tamari
2 Tbsp honey
2 Tsp sesame oil
Salt to taste
1 Tbsp Sriracha (optional)
2 Scallions – green tops only sliced thin (garnish)
Sesame Seeds (garnish)
Chopped Cashews (garnish)
- Fill a large bowl with ice water for shocking \
- Bring 3-4” of water to a boil & blanche beans for 3 minutes. Immediately drain and place in bowl of ice water to shock & stop the cooking process.
- Pre-heat a large skillet or wok over medium heat & add ½ the avocado oil, add in chicken (in batches) and stir fry until browned and cooked through. (about 6 mins) Set aside and cover to keep warm & moist.
- Add beans to skillet/wok and stir fry until they start to brown. Add the garlic, chilis, onion, ginger & stir fry until crisp tender (about 3 mins.) Add the broth, hoisin, soy/tamari, honey, sesame oil & sriracha (optional). Stir thoroughly to combine and turn heat off. Add chicken back in and mix through.
- Serve over spiralized opo squash. The heat from the chicken mixture will “cook” the squoodles.